Friday, October 24, 2008

Salinas

What a great day. After finishing work I drove down to Salinas from San Jose to watch the Zeppelin's arrival. A nice little crowd was already waiting there when I arrived 30 minutes before the airship. Only a few minutes later could we see them approaching over the hills in front of a nice sunset scenery. Everybody was cheering when the Zeppelin finally touched down. But that wasn't it yet, as the mast truck was not there. So it seemed that a local TV team got the treat of a short evening flight.

I am looking forward to see the airship tomorrow coming into its new home base. I have witnessed the second flight in Germany and I hope that I am lucky tomorrow to see it for the first time flying above the Golden Gate.

Up ship,
Christian (Sindelfingen, Germany)

No comments: