Wednesday, January 6, 2010

She started hopping up and down!

I saw your airship approaching out of the sunset toward the Annenberg Community Beach House on January 6, 2010. I was walking along the beach walk and there was a family with three small children playing in the playground area. The father pointed out the airship and the two older boys saw it right away and shouted BLIMP! The third child, a little girl about two years old, took a little longer to spot you. But if I would have had my camera with me, that would have been the best shot of the day. Her face totally lit up and she started hopping up and down. She didn't take her eyes off of the airship until it was completely out of sight.

It was a nice moment and you couldn't have picked a more beautiful, picturesque day to fly over. I have learned my lesson. I will never leave my camera in the office again and now I know what to ask for on my upcoming birthday. I have always wanted to fly in a zeppelin and didn't know that it was even a possibility. I am excited to find out that it was.

Heath Hamilton

(we look forward to flying you! Ed.)

No comments: