Thursday, November 13, 2008

We took off down a side street, doing our best to keep the airship in sight

As I pulled into our driveway with my two children, my youngest, who was just on the edge of falling asleep, started crying. I immediately pulled back out and told my older child, "We need to drive around for just a couple of minutes to let your brother conk out." I started down our street, aimless, as my son asked, "Where are we going?"

Just then I caught sight of the blimp directly in front of us. "Wow!" I yelled, "Look at that! Let's follow it!"

We took off down a side street, doing our best to keep the airship in sight. We'd lose it behind trees, and then find it again with a gleeful holler. We tracked it all the way to Belmont from Redwood City before it got too far ahead of us, and I decided that we had definitely driven enough to put the little one asleep.

Thanks for the diversion!

PS: I promise I did stop for all stop signs and kept my eye on the road....I did have my two children in the car, after all!! :)

-- Andrea

No comments: