Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wanting Airship Badly



My 6 1/2 year old could not believe what he was seeing at the Muskegon County Airport in Muskegon, Michigan. When I picked him up at 4pm on a Wednesday, I said I had a surprise for him and we were going to the airport to watch it.

For the 10 minute car ride, he wanted me to tell him what it was that was so exciting. I made him try to guess and the only three clues were 1) he hasn't seen one before in person, 2) it will be landing at the airport and 3) even dad (me) had not seen one land before. First guess... a rocket! Well, not quite but about as exciting! He never did guess correctly but tried and tried.

When the airship came in for a passenger exchange, I thought for sure Andrew was going to do a back flip and then climb the fence to go and see it. For the brief time it was on the ground, he just couldn't believe what he was seeing. One thousand questions later... well, not one thousand but close, he had exhausted my knowledge on rigid airships and wanted me to look up more on my phone while we watched it fly away.

Clearly memories that will stay with both of us for a lifetime. Thank you Farmers' and Airship Ventures!

-- Blaine T

No comments: